CrossNet Baptist Network continues to PRAY, GIVE & GO in responding to the recent Hurricanes and recent tragedies that have impacted our Country.
- More than $100,000 has been received from CrossNet Churches and individuals to help w/Disaster Relief efforts.
- $36,000 has been distributed to Texas to aid Churches with Hurricane Harvey recovery through the Union Baptist Association of Houston.
- $14,000 has been distributed to the South Central Baptist Association, Texas (Gambrell Baptist Association) to help families recover from FBC Sutherland Springs from the tragic shooting.
- $10,000 has been used to aid the recovery efforts in Puerto Rico through our mission teams that have been deployed
- CrossNet Baptist has mobilized more than 130 volunteers on 12 deployments since September to Houston, Florida and Puerto Rico.
- Volunteers have come from the following CrossNet Churches; Antioch, Bellefounte, Candies Creek, Eastanallee & Eastanallee/Etowah, FBC Cleveland, FBC Georgetown, Meadowview, Philippi, Waterville & Westwood
- Pray for the Pastor Pablo Ortiz and his church in Guayama, Puerto Rico which translates in English as “The Church Without Walls” to recover from Hurricane Maria which caused widespread damage to Pastor Pablo’s community and the Church. CrossNet is in the process of sending rebuild/recovery teams to assist the Church.
CrossNet Puerto Rico Disaster Relief Deployments:
- 4 Deployments from November – January mobilizing 51 Volunteers
- Trip 5: Feb. 28– March 2, team of 11 led by Andrew Frazier (Waterville)
- Trip 6: March 3 -9, team of 17 led by Dennis Tweed & Mike Hinkle (Candies Creek)
- Trip 7: March 10-16, team of 14 led by Bo Dunkle (Eastanallee/Etowah)
- Trip 8: March 24-30, team of 12 led by Steve Houser (FBC Cleveland)
- *Trip 9: April 2-7, team of 12-14 led by Eric Atkins (New Friendship) *tentative trip
- *Trip 10: April 7-13, team of 12-14 led by Dennis Tweed (Candies Creek)
- Trip 11: April 21-27, team of 14 led by Al Miller (Meadowview)
- *= currently open spots for trips 9 & 10
- More trips to come
You do not need to be DR certified to participate although that will be a plus: email Randy at email@example.com, or call the CrossNet Baptist Office at 423-476-5493 if you are interested in participating in a Puerto Rico trip.
THANK YOU NOTE FROM HISPANIC CHURCH IN SOUTH HOUSTON, TX.
To: Phil Taylor, Randy Bonner and all Pastors and Churches of CrossNet Baptist Network
From: Templo Bautista de South Houston
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, we salute you in the love of the Lord.
On August 27th of this year, our city of Houston was flooded by Hurricane Harvey. Our church buildings and several families of our church were affected by the flood. We had storm insurance, but no flood insurance. In this situation we looked to the heavens and asked for God's help, believing that God is sufficient to supply for his people.
God has been faithful. We are already having services in our Sanctuary and we are finishing the educational building with God’s help.
We want to thank you in a special way for all the kindness and generosity shown to us through your gift and time with us. We received your help with much gratitude. The apostle John wrote:
" 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. " (1 John 4:21). Having this verse as a basis, we have no doubt that you love God very much, because you know how to love your brothers and sisters also.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year for all.
David Deulofeu, Pastor
Ana Somma-García, Outreach Ministry